Monday, July 12

Congratulation Spain


The FiFa World Cup 2010 was over last week. Congratulation Spain for winning! I never rooted for them in the beginning because they lost their first match. Who knew that lost become their milestone to become even more motivated to compete; heck even win the world cup!!

For me, this yeas World Cup and 1998 was more memorable compared to FiFa World Cup 2002 and 2006.

In 1998- I watched it with my mum and dad and my brothers at home. Still remember France Vs Brazil and watched Zidany Zidane got a goal from a corner kick.. Those were good times with my family! I thought France was awesome at that time.

When the world cup 2002 was broad casted, I was F2 in a boarding school. They are hardly any TV around, other than kedai makcik jah (if i remember correctly) and some other outside the wall. I know f5 always skipped isya or tazkirah to watch the world cup.. I was like "meeh, too much trouble.. World cup? who cares pffft".. As ignorant as I was, no one can resist the temptation of the WC FINAL! Not even me.. so I remembered I red news about how Oliver Khan, German keeper was the bomb and the reporter have high hopes on the German. So I rooted for German, but they lost to Brazil 2-0.. sigh~

In 2006, I was in intec when the WC was live. I didnt have TV in my apartment. I only watched a couple by coincidence if they are gathering of people watching soccer. Although I do read the news about the scores and stuff. I rooted for Brazil since they won the last world cup. But they lost to France in the quarter final.. Yes "Anything can happen with soccer!"

In 2010, I have a lot of free time and I have a big 46inch TV in my house. Watching soccer was never this fun!!.. :D Plus they are others watching like Syafrul who keeps on predicting the tournament winner. He predicted Spain vs Brazil and Spain will win. His prediction was slightly wrong but you got to give that man some credit I guess. Mior was rooting for the Germans. He even bought a German Jersey FOR THE LULZ! AAAh I hate the German team since Oliver Khan disappointed me.. I always rooted againts German.. Rooted for England, Lost. But Spain finally defeated German. That was probably my golden moments during this WC.. "Casillas kot!!!"said Me and Naje as Casillas was able to save a shot from the German. And they are others like JiJi Joe Napi and Aimii who'd come watching the match every now and then..

Lastly, the 2010 world cup was fun because the blog http://sokernet.blogspot.com/ have very crazy yet entertaining entry.. Thanks for the awesome sokernet bloggers! You make my day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment